BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 - Part 1

Thanksgiving was a big day for us... The days festivities will have to be split into two posts, as I have not downloaded the pictures from my camera yet...
We started out our day packing for our weekend in Vegas with my Mom's side of the family. Then we headed up to Mt Pleasant to spend Thanksgiving dinner #1 with the Gordon's at the Stalling house. It is always great to see the whole family together and we love spending time with the Stallings! We had a delicious lunch, complete with the best yams I have ever partaken of! Highlights included Uncle Kevin's hunting extravaganza, listening to the kids make excuses as to why they could not eat certain foods and the breakdown of each family's news. I am so excited for Daren and Erica! They are having a baby boy in April (the best month). I cannot wait till we can get on that band wagon! After the meal we had some family pictures taken by Seth's cousin Julia. She was fantastic and it is seriously a challenge to organize, (not to mention pacify) the whole Gordon clan, but she pulled it off! The only downside was the fact that it was maybe 10 degrees and its hard to smile and pose, without looking like your FREEZING! Overall I think they turned out pretty cute! It was actually all Seth's idea for Julia to take a few of just us, which was surprising, but really precious. After the pictures we said our goodbyes and heading out for the next leg in our Thanksgiving journey! To be continued... ;)


9 comments:

Erica and Daren said...

What's funny is I did not do the April thing on purpose...I was trying to avoid that month since there are too many birthdays that month...however, I'm very excited as well! Us Loganites are use to the 10 degrees...or at least I was...I didn't really get THAT cold. I do have to say I am glad to finally have a family picture I can put up in my house. I can't wait to hear about your Vegas trip.

Julia said...

I must admit you two were pretty easy to take pictures of. I thought Seth was kidding at first when he asked to take pictures of you two... hence my joke about the cat ;) when I realized he was serious my heart melted... chet would NEVER suggest something like that for he and I. You have a keeper! I felt like a nazi giving instructions to the group hehe... chet said I sounded kinda harsh LOL... so I need to apologize if I did. I just wanted to have everyones attention and get it done as quickly as possible for sake of time and cold temps. ;) Everyone did great and next time we will make sure and have 1. more time. and 2. a pretty location. I hope you guys had fun in Vegas!

Biesingers said...

You guys are so cute!! I am so excited to hang out! :)

Dari said...

I love the family photos,they look great! Ps I think you guys should jump on the baby bandwagon soon :)

Three CRAZY boys and a lady said...

Thanks for making my thanksgiving not so awkward..and I am all game for you and Seth to jump on the baby wagon...how exciting!! Thanks for being so much fun.

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

what a great looking family! the photos look great!

Three CRAZY boys and a lady said...

Megan, I don't have your number. You can email it to me at ericandkeera@gmail.com

Emily said...

I answered your question on my blog. Have fun!

Woods said...

Dang cute family pictures!! I love them! Let's please go to lunch. I would love it!!